Croquettes and bitterballs can also be fried in the airfryer, which smells less and is less greasy than the deep fryer. A few tips:
- In the airfryer, the snacks will hardly brown. Therefore, toast the breadcrumbs golden brown in the oven before breading (15 min. at 180 ℃). Use a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Oil gives your breadcrumbs a crispy layer and conduct the heat optimally. Therefore, grease your croquettes or bitterballs with a small amount of neutral oil such as sunflower or rapeseed oil. Use a brush or a plant spray.
- Homemade croquettes and bitterballs should be frozen if you want to fry them in the airfryer. If not, they will burst open during baking.
- The baking time in the airfryer is longer.
Baking time in the airfryer
Preheat the airfryer for 5 min at 190 ℃.
Croquettes based on 75 g of salpicon:
- from the freezer: 10-12 min.
Bitterballs based on 30 g of salpicon: