Fresh Fig Pie
Easy vegan fig cake. Ideal for dessert with a scoop of ice cream.
- Pie tin or spring form (22 cm)
Voor het deeg
- 180 g all purpose flour
- 3 g sea salt
- 3 g baking powder
- 20 g granulated sugar
- 60 g vegetable oil rapeseed
- 4 g appel cider vinegar (1 teaspoon)
- 40 ml ice cold water (4 tablespoons)
Voor de vulling
- 6 fresh figs
- 150 g walnuts
- 100 g dates pitted
- 50 ml maple syrup
For the dough
- Sift the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar into a bowl and mix well.
- Splash in the oil until all is incorporated. Leave the lumps in.
- Mix the vinegar with the water and add it to a dough. Mix it without applying much force. Form it into a ball of dough.
- Transfer the dough to a piece of plastic. Wrap the dough in plastic foil, keeping enough room to roll it out.
- Roll or press the dough flat with a rolling pin, while still wrapped in plastic, to form a circle of about 20 x 0.5 cm.
- Place the dough in the plastic on a plate. Leave in the refrigerator for one hour to rest.
For the filling
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the figs into 8 – 10 wedges. Grind a 100 grams of the walnuts with the dates and maple syrup to a thick paste.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and grease a 20 cm pie form or springform. Place the dough from the plastic in the pie pan and press it against the sides with your fingertips. A raised edge of 1.5 cm is sufficient.
- Spread the nut paste over the pastry base with wet fingers. Place the fig wedges on top in circles. Sprinkle with the rest of the nuts.
- Bake the fig cake for 30 minutes in the center of the oven.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!