Vegan Umami Stock
A particularly tasty bouillon, a real umami bomb.
- baking tray
- 1 el light miso
- 2 el oil
- 250 g carrot
- 2 onions
- 1 head of garlic
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 tl peperkorrels gekneusd
- 10 g dried shi-take
- 15 g kombu
- 2 tomatoes
- 1,5 liter water
- Soak the shiitake's for 10 minutes in some warm water. Preheat the oven to 185° C.10 g dried shi-take
- Prepare a dressing from the miso, oil and 2 tbsp of water.1 el light miso, 2 el oil
- Roughly chop the carrot, onion and celery. Cut the head of garlic in half across. Break the kombu stalks into 2 or 3 pieces.250 g carrot, 2 onions, 1 head of garlic, 2 stalks of celery, 15 g kombu
- Place the vegetables, garlic, kombu, soaked shiitake ( keep the soaking water) and peppercorns on a baking sheet and mix in the miso dressing.1 tl peperkorrels, 10 g dried shi-take
- Roast the vegetables at 185 °C for approx. 20 minutes
- Put the content of the baking dish plus the sliced tomatoes in a matching pan, add 1.5 liters of water (also use the soaking water from the shiitake mushrooms) and bring to a boil. Leave to simmer (not boiling) for 1.5 hours.2 tomatoes, 1,5 liter water
- Sieve the stock and use it as the basis for your soups and sauces. You can also serve the broth as is with some fresh herbs and spring onion as shown in the accompanying picture.
We use this broth as the basis for the vegan Pho in this course.
Calories: 120kcalCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 3gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gSodium: 400mgPotassium: 333mgFiber: 3gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 8446IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 57mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!