Vegan sheet pan pie with spring vegetables
Look at this delicious sheet pan pie with spring vegetables. Everyone at the table will start smiling when you put this down. Don’t let this recipe stop you from making it in summer, autumn or winter. All types of vegetables can be used in this pie. Boil, bake or roast vegetables that require a longer cooking time in advance so they will be cooked when the pie is baked. This applies to vegetables such as lettuce, Brussels sprouts, green beans or celery.
Want to learn more about vegan baking?
Savoury sheet pan pie with spring vegetables
- Baking tray approx. 34×26 cm
Oil-based pie dough
- 300 g all purpose flour
- 5 g salt
- 4 g baking powder
- 100 g neutral plant oil e.g. rape seed, corn or sunflower oil
- 1 tl vinegar
- 90 g water
- 250 ml plant milk
- 2 g psyllium fibres or 1 tbsp crushed linseed
- 65 g chickpea flour
- 6 el nutritional yeast
- 1 tl sulphuric salt kala namak
- 350 g spinach
- 1 el oil
- 1 clove of garlic chopped
- 175 g peeled and cooked asparagus
- 1 kohlrabi approx. 200 g, peeled, halved and cut in half
- 75 g garden peas frozen or fresh and precooked briefly
- 50 g sun-dried tomatoes cut into strips
- 4 el grated vegan cheese
Oil-based pie dough
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl and mix well.300 g all purpose flour, 5 g salt, 4 g baking powder
- Mix in the oil until it has been absorbed.100 g neutral plant oil
- Mix the vinegar with the water and add to the flour/oil mixture. Mix in without kneading until the dough forms a whole.1 tl vinegar, 90 g water
- Wrap the dough ball in plastic film and keep in the fridge until use.
Pre-baking of the dough crust
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C.
- Roll out the dough between sheets of baking paper or press it with your fingers on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Pierce the base with a fork and bake in the oven for 10 min.
Preparing the sheet pan pie
- In a large frying pan, fry the spinach in the oil in two parts. Add the garlic to the second part and fry briefly. Drain and cool the spinach mixture in a sieve or colander.350 g spinach, 1 el oil, 1 clove of garlic
- Bring 1 litre of salted water to the boil. Cook the kohlrabi in it al dente.1 kohlrabi
- Using a hand blender, puree the milk with the psyllium fibre or linseed, chickpea flour, edelgist and sulphuric salt into a porridge.250 ml plant milk, 2 g psyllium fibres, 65 g chickpea flour, 6 el nutritional yeast, 1 tl sulphuric salt
- Mix this mixture with the drained spinach mixture and spread it over the pie crust. Spread the vegetables and sun-dried tomatoes over the tart. Press them down a little. Sprinkle the quiche with the grated vegan cheese.175 g peeled and cooked asparagus, 75 g garden peas, 50 g sun-dried tomatoes cut into strips, 4 el grated vegan cheese
- Bake the pie for 30 minutes in an oven at 175 °C.