Savoury sheet pan pie with spring vegetables
A festive way to serve vegetables
- Baking tray approx. 34×26 cm
- 250 ml plant milk
- 2 g psyllium fibres or 1 tbsp crushed linseed
- 65 g chickpea flour
- 6 el nutritional yeast
- 1 tl sulphuric salt kala namak
- 350 g spinach
- 1 el oil
- 1 clove of garlic chopped
- 175 g peeled and cooked asparagus
- 1 kohlrabi approx. 200 g, peeled, halved and cut in half
- 75 g garden peas frozen or fresh and precooked briefly
- 50 g sun-dried tomatoes cut into strips
- 4 el grated vegan cheese
Oil-based pie dough
- 300 g all purpose flour
- 5 g salt
- 4 g baking powder
- 100 g neutral plant oil e.g. rape seed, corn or sunflower oil
- 1 tl vinegar
- 90 g water
Oil-based pie dough
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl and mix well.
- Mix in the oil until it has been absorbed.
- Mix the vinegar with the water and add to the flour/oil mixture. Mix in without kneading until the dough forms a whole.
- Wrap the dough ball in plastic film and keep in the fridge until use.
Preparing the sheet pan pie
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C.
- In a large frying pan, fry the spinach in the oil in two parts. Add the garlic to the second part and fry briefly. Drain and cool the spinach mixture in a sieve or colander.
- Bring 1 litre of salted water to the boil. Cook the kohlrabi in it al dente.
- Roll out the dough between sheets of baking paper or press it with your fingers on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Pierce the base with a fork and bake in the oven for 10 min.
- Using a hand blender, puree the milk with the psyllium fibre or linseed, chickpea flour, edelgist and sulphur salt into a porridge.
- Mix this mixture with the drained spinach mixture and spread it over the pie crust. Spread the vegetables and sun-dried tomatoes over the tart. Press them down a little. Sprinkle the quiche with the grated vegan cheese.
- Bake the pie for 30 minutes in an oven at 175 °C.
Calories: 781.2kcalCarbohydrates: 97.5gProtein: 25.3gFat: 34.1gSaturated Fat: 3.1gTrans Fat: 0.1gSodium: 824.1mgPotassium: 1662.6mgFiber: 14.5gSugar: 14.8gVitamin A: 8938.5IUVitamin C: 62.9mgCalcium: 302.7mgIron: 10.5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!