Vegan Umami Stock
A particularly tasty bouillon, a real umami bomb.
- baking tray
- 3 el light miso
- 2 el oil
- 250 g carrot
- 2 onions
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 tl peperkorrels gekneusd
- 10 g dried shi-take
- 15 g kombu
- 2 stuk tomatoes
- 1,5 liter water
- Prepare a dressing from the miso, 2 tbsp water and the oil
- Cut the vegetables into small pieces and mix all the ingredients except the water on a baking tray
- Roast the vegetables at 185 °C for approx. 20 minutes
- Put everything in a matching pan and heat with the water. Leave to simmer for 1.5 hours.
- Sieve the stock and use it as the basis for your soups and sauces. You can also serve the broth as is with some fresh herbs and spring onion.
We use this broth as the basis for the vegan Pho in this course.
Calories: 120kcalCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 3gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gSodium: 400mgPotassium: 333mgFiber: 3gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 8446IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 57mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!