Crispy little croquettes with a risotto stuffing.
- deep fryer
Voor de ragout
- 1 pinch of saffron threads
- 100 ml white wine (1 glass)
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 25 ml olive oil (3 tbsp)
- 250 g risotto rice i.e. Arborio
- 1 liter vegetable broth
- 20 g nutritional yeast flakes (2 tbsp)
- 50 ml soy cream or soy milk
- 10 g parsley finely chopped
- 20 g basil leaves finely chopped
Voor het paneren
- 1 g xanthan gum
- 15 g chickpea flour or cornstarch (1,5 tbsp)
- 100 g flour
- 75 g panko
- Soak the saffron threads in the white wine. Heat the broth in a saucepan.
- In another pan, fry the shallots in the oil and add the rice after ± 3 minutes. Fry the rice until it is hot and then add the white wine and saffron. Let the wine evaporate and then add a some of the broth. Keep stirring until the broth is completely absorbed by the rice and then add more broth. Continue until all the broth has been used up and the rice is al dente. This takes about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the nutritional yeast, soy cream and chopped herbs. Put the risotto into a flat (oven) dish and let it cool for 30 minutes. Place in the refrigerator and let cool completely (for about 2 hours). Divide the risotto into 20 equal parts. Roll into croquettes between your hands.
- Using a hand blender, puree 100 ml of water with the xanthan gum and chickpea flour into a lumpy paste. This is the egg substitute for the breading of the croquettes.
- Put the flour, egg replacer and panko each in a soup plate. Roll the croquettes one by one through the flour, egg replacer and panko. Leave them to set in the refrigerator for one hour and fry them for ± 3 minutes per 5 in a deep fryer at 180° C.
Tip: Serve the croquettes with fresh basil pesto (as shown in the picture).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!