Mushroom Broth with a lid on
Maximized mushroom aroma as by holding it captive until serving.
- 4 ovenproof soup bowls of 8 cm
- 15 g dried porcini mushrooms (ceps)
- 200 g mixed (wild) mushrooms
- 10 g oil or margarine (1 tbsp)
- 1 shallot chopped
- 50 ml Madeira
- 500 ml herb or mushroom broth from a stock cube
- 4 g ginger (1 cm, thin slices)
- 10 ml soy sauce (1 tbsp, salty)
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 20 g truffle tapenade (salsa tartufata)
- 4 pieces of puff pastry of 10 x 10 cm
- 1 tsp fleur de sel
- Put the dried mushrooms in a bowl, pour in 150 ml of boiling water and let them soak for 10 minutes. Strain and save the soaking water. Cut the soaked mushrooms into small pieces.
- Wipe the fresh mushrooms clean and slice them. Heat the oil or margarine in a pan and fry the shallot with the chopped mushrooms until the mushrooms color and the moisture has evaporated. Stir in the soaked mushrooms and heat briefly.
- Deglaze with the Madeira and allow half to evaporate. Add the broth, ginger, mushroom soaking water, soy sauce, and the sprig of thyme. Bring the soup to a boil and let it simmer on low heat for 10 minutes with a (water) lid on the pan.
- Remove the soup from the heat and transfer to a bowl. Let cool completely. Puff pastry on a hot soup will soften and sink into the soup.
- Pour the cold soup into the bowls, add a spoonful of truffle tapenade and cover the bowls with the puff pastry. Press the dough well on the edges of the bowl. Sprinkle with fleur de sel and place in the oven for 20 minutes until the pastry is nicely golden brown.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!